Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Prepping the Veggies!

On Sunday Feb 16th as the pond water was settling, I started working on the seedlings.  These are the steps I took.  This is a whole new way of growing veggies for me, can't wait to see the results!

Step 1 - Take the stonewool out of the wrapper and separate them,


Step 2 - Soak the individual blocks in water with a little lime juice in it for 10 seconds


I later checked prices on a PH meter, they were at least $80 at the Hydroponic shop, too rich for my blood but I am hoping to find a better deal online!

Step 3 - Rince the lime juice off

Step 4 - Place seed in hole

Step 5 - Push seed down with unsharpened pencil (or something similar)

Step 6 - Mix some plant food and saturate blocks with them

Step 7 - Place blocks into a container and put some plastic wrap on it to create a greenhouse effect.



No comments:

Post a Comment